Thursday, August 18, 2011

One Year Wed!


My Fella and I celebrated our one year married, (ten years together!!!) anniversary this past weekend! For his special treat I took him to the fair for an evening filled with deadly fried fixin's, frolicking with farm animals, and cruising the midway, topping it off with a surprise concert featuring a band that's nearest and dearest to our hearts...



Funnel Cake the size of a flying saucer, I could barely snap a pic before it disappeared! Mmmm.

Petting a little goatie friend.

My favorite funhouse for obvious reasons...




We topped the night off with....The Doors! (Well, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek) Dave Brock filled in for the beloved Morrison. He was spot on, closing my eyes it felt as if I was swept back into time, to the summer of 1967. Adrian Young from NoDoubt even popped up on stage to play the drums for a set!

Needless to say, the night was electric, the crowd in a collective trance, a chilling ocean breeze stirring the palm trees, stars faintly twinkling above, everyone dancing, singing and celebrating love and music... We've seen them several times over the years (and met Robby once, eeek!), it's always an incredible experience that words just can't quite describe.

I couldn't think of a more perfect way to celebrate our ten years together, I gave Carlos his first Doors album when we started dating,  so their melodic tunes have been a constant in this quirky little world we share on a path called love.



P.S. The funny thing is, we had a carnival themed wedding too! Perhaps I should share some photos from that this week?...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com